Kenai Fjords National Park offers an incredible playground for adventurers seeking to go hiking, backpacking, wildlife viewing, and sightseeing. One of the best ways to explore this stunning landscape and get away from the crowds is by kayak. Gliding along the surface of the sea, past massive glaciers surrounded by the sweeping beauty of the mountains of the Kenai Fjords, exploring the rugged coastline, and viewing wildlife close up, you’ll see why kayaking is the perfect Alaskan adventure!
After a day of being out on the water, you’ll need a cozy, relaxing, and comfortable place to recoup for the next day’s adventure. At Seward Hospitality Group we are here to welcome you for your stay in Seward. We offer 3 downtown, conveniently located hotels for you to choose from. Our casual accommodations will be the perfect place to rest up as the list of things to do in Seward is extensive! A 3, 4, or 5-night stay with us would be ideal to be able to do all of the things this amazing area has to offer! If you are ready for the ultimate Alaskan getaway book your stay today!
Incredible Kenai Fjords Kayaking Trips
There aren’t many opportunities in life to be able to immerse yourself in the sights, sounds, and the feelings of floating near tidewater glaciers in the Alaskan wilderness. Traveling by sea kayak is a quieter and more peaceful version of a glacier and wildlife cruise on a boat. Out in a small group, you’ll be able to see wildlife close up, listen to actively calving glaciers, and be able to explore the coastline of the Kenai Fjords from a different and exhilarating perspective.
A guided kayak tour amongst the Kenai Fjords is definitely the way to go if you want a unique and memorable activity. Guides are extremely safety conscious, very knowledgable, and a lot of fun! As long as you can follow basic directions, bring an adventurous spirit, wear weather appropriate clothing, and don’t forget your camera, this is sure to be the highlight of your time spent in Seward! Here are 6 places in Seward that offer guided tours to explore the Kenai Fjords by kayak.
- Kayak Adventures Worldwide offer half-day, full-day, multiday, as well as customized family trips to explore Kenai Fjords National Park. This environmentally friendly company hopes to expose people to the fragile wilderness of Alaska and to educate about it. Through kayaking in this pristine wilderness, the goal is to open up the conversation about how to preserve this special place.
- Sunny Cove Kayaking is the only woman and locally-owned kayak tour business in Seward. They offer a variety of tours to Resurrection Bay and Fox Island as well as a tour in Kenai Fjords National Park where you’ll board a charter boat to Aialik Bay to the launch beach for a full day of kayaking.
- Liquid Adventures Sea Kayaking and Paddleboarding offer innovative and unique trips sure to make a memory. From Bear Glacier iceberg kayaking to going up the Emerald Coast for a wildlife viewing to combining your kayak trip with a helicopter ride, these tours are sure to not disappoint!
- Since 1982 Miller’s Landing has offered a diverse list of kayaking in the Kenai Fjords. Along with day trips, they offer overnight tours that are custom made for your group, full-day kayak lessons to get the basics down, and rentals of kayaks and gear. Having ownership of their own water taxi makes trips from Miller’s Landing a little more economically priced than other outfitters.
- Kenai Fjords Tours work in partnership with Sunny Cove Sea Kayaking to offer a very special opportunity where guests take a cruise boat to Fox Island then depending on the time of day, either go for a morning kayak with lunch or enjoy an afternoon paddle with dinner on the island. Sure to be an unforgettable experience in the Kenai Fjords!
- Backcountry Safaris provide one day and multi-day guided trips around the Kenai Fjords area as well as kayak and gear rental. Something unique they offer in order to save you some cost is “do-it-yourself” sea kayaking. On these overnight trips, you are accompanied by a Kayak guide/naturalist while you bring your own camping gear, food, do your own cooking and camp chores. A good way to explore the Kenai Fjords by kayak while also having your own personal guide!
The Best Place to Stay in Seward
After kayaking around the Kenai Fjords area taking in jaw-dropping scenery, and seeing a variety of Alaskan wildlife you’ll want a comfortable place to rejuvenate for your next Seward adventure. Our 3 downtown hotels are conveniently located, easy to find, and close to all the amazing places to explore here! We also own and operate 6 diverse restaurants in the area so we can recommend where to get a delicious meal. If you arrived in an RV and want a quiet secluded place to stay we just happen to operate Preacher’s Pond RV Park just outside of Seward. If you are ready to start your Ultimate Alaskan vacation book your stay today!