Open Positions - SEWARD HOSPITALITY GROUP
Thank you for your interest in working for Seward Hospitality Group for the summer 2022 season! We still have positions available. All positions start at $11.00/hour:
The Operations Manager performs a critical oversight function for Seward Hospitality Group, a group of lodging facilities, restaurants, rental businesses, and tour businesses. The Operations Manager monitors all operations throughout the company and identifies areas to increase productivity and lower costs. This person will be in direct contact with a group of other managers within the company, working with them at each business location to create policies that improve workflows and minimize pain points.
Operations Manager duties and responsibilities
The Operations Manager is responsible for keeping track of goals and is always able to see the big picture while identifying potential areas of improvement. The Operations Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Long-term planning to create initiatives that further the company’s overall goals
- Coordinating different teams to foster an exchange of ideas and provide cross-team educational opportunities
- Assessing and analyzing departmental budgets to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize profits
- Inspiring and motivating employees to perform their best through positive encouragement and incentivized initiatives
- Communicating with senior officials about shifting company priorities and projects
- Identifying potential problems and points of friction and working to find solutions in order to maximize both process efficiency and revenue
- Identifying opportunities to expand or shift course in order to take advantage of potential changes in the market
Operations Manager skills and qualifications
Operations Manager is a leadership position with many responsibilities. It is therefore important to have a diverse skill set, including:
- “Big picture” thinking, which is key to addressing top-level concerns and finding the best path forward from all of the available data
- Interpersonal skills – an Operations Manager must communicate with both executives and staff employees in order to create and administer policy. Being a people person is critical for success in this role
- A thorough understanding of financial and budgeting processes and principles, and assess the company’s earnings vs spending to find areas for improvement
- Strong personal and professional judgment; these invaluable skills are crucial in this role which makes hiring decisions as well as in identifying the best solution to organizational dilemmas
- Adaptability, the ability to respond quickly to a shifting reality and adjust initiatives and priorities accordingly
Gulf of Alaska Food Court is seeking an upbeat, enthusiastic, and professional Restaurant Manager to help build our team.
We are a locally owned restaurant, and part of the Seward Hospitality Group portfolio of properties in beautiful Seward, Alaska. Belonging to this portfolio provides employees incredible growth opportunities for qualified candidates.
The ideal candidate will have previous restaurant experience and a clear track record of consistent professionalism, productivity, and a passion for ensuring great customer service. If you enjoy a fun work atmosphere, are a positive and upbeat person, and are looking to grow with a great company with room for advancement then we would like to talk to you.
Candidates must be dependable and have complete availability from March through October. November through February offers more flexibility with paid time off and the option for extended leave without pay.
- Proven success record
- Positive attitude
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations
- Diplomatic in approach at all times
For consideration please submit your resume with a brief cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position.
This is in the limited-service restaurants (Alaska Seafood Grill & Gulf of Alaska Food Court) and includes doing a bit of everything: customer service, cash handling, food preparation, cooking, and cleaning. Tips are shared equally among the crew. Promotion potential up to $14/hour. Prefer ages at least 21 years old since beer and wine is served, but younger is acceptable.
Our two full-service restaurants (Chattermark & Seasalt) have kitchen positions available that include food preparation, cooking, and cleaning. These positions share 20% of the servers’ tips. Wages start at $11 per hr, promotion potential up to $16/hour. All ages acceptable.
We have server positions available for students with excellent English skills and at least 21 years old. There is no promotion potential in these positions, since it is well supplemented with tips, wage is $11.00 per hour. 20% of daily tips are to be shared with kitchen staff. Duties include seating customers, taking orders, serving food, bussing tables, washing dining-ware dishes, keeping dining room and bathrooms clean, re-stocking server supplies, such as beer kegs, ketchup bottles, rolling silverware, etc.
We have 4 small hotels (Marina Motel, Murphy’s Alaskan Inn, Van Gilder Hotel and Pond Studios). Housekeepers clean the hotel rooms and common areas. Some housekeepers will also perform laundry duties. Seeking people with attention to detail who take pride in their work. Wages start at $11.00 per hr, promotion potential up to $13/hour. All ages and English skills acceptable.
All laundry is done at the Marina Motel. Help maintain machines (wahers & dryers) going at all times. During the process fold and organize clean linens to be transported back to other facilities. Wages start at $11.00 per hr, promotion potential up to $13/hour. All ages and English skills acceptable.
The Grounds person is responsible for maintaining equipment and materials, and for ensuring adequate stock levels of consumables. You will ensure the appearance of trees, shrubs, flowers and lawns, and keep the grounds free from harmful insects and plant diseases. Pay starts at $11 per hour.
You will share your passion during several walking tours every day to show tourists exactly what this city has to offer. You may also provide private tours to smaller groups of people when requested, providing plenty of new experiences and opportunities to get to know different personalities.
Assistant Hotel Manager:
As the assistant Manager, you would be responsible for assisting the Manager in managing daily hotel operations in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in leading, directing and managing all hotel operations including, but not limited to, hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and brand standards, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns, and helping with housekeeping
- Serve as multi-department head for Operations, Front Office and Property Operations
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements
- Assist in identifying operational and financial performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implementing measures to correct those deficiencies
- Ensure guest and team member satisfaction
Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of all properties. And to Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis. DOE but no experience starts at $11 per hour.
Both electric and manual bike rental available. Shuttle service as well or individual Taxi service. None provided.
Don’t forget we appreciate every one of you! We have an Open Door Policy;always feel free to reach out to managers
with any issues you have or questions that arise. Without you, this wouldn’t be possible. Thank you!