Located amongst towering mountains that still keep their grasp on massive glaciers and next to the deep waters of Resurrection Bay, Seward is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream come true! This Southern Alaska town is known as the Gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park, just minutes away from world-class hiking, kayaking, boat tours, and dog-sledding. With so many choices of how to experience Kenai Fjords National Park, it might be easiest to start at the top with a flightseeing tour of this magnificent area. Flightseeing is the best way to get a feel for just how vast the Alaskan landscape is and is the ultimate way to make unforgettable memories.
There are many options when it comes to how to experience Kenai Fjords National Park, but only one choice for the best lodging in Seward! At Seward Hospitality Group we own and operate 3 downtown hotels as well as a small RV park just outside of town. If you’re looking for a comfortable stay during your incredible time in Seward book your room today!
Flights over Kenai Fjords National Park
Flightseeing is one of many ways to see the immense landscape of the Seward and Kenai Fjords National Park area. But a scenic flight is the only way to see such a variety of Alaskan ecosystems and wildlife in such a relatively short amount of time with very little effort! Getting this bird’s eye perspective is sure to give you an even larger appreciation of this breathtaking landscape. From shorter 15-30 minute flights to all-day adventures combined with a hike and glacier landing, there are no shortages of choices when it comes to these bucket-list excursions. Here are our 5 favorite flightseeing tours in and around Kenai Fjords National Park.
- Alpine Air Seward offers helicopter tours daily from both Seward and Girdwood. Choose from 30, 40, and 60-minute tours over expansive icefields and tidewater glaciers. Pick a scenic flight over Kenai Fjords National Park that lands you on the 4th of July Glacier and guides take you to a remote snowfield for a lesson in glacier dog-sledding!
- Small groups or private tours are Exit Glacier Guides specialty! They will completely customize your trip and work with you to figure out the level of what their guests are comfortable with. Exit Glacier Guides offer half, full or multi-day trips. Go on a helicopter ice-hiking trip to explore the pristine alpine tundra and they provide crampons, helmet, backpacks, trekking poles, and snacks.
- Seward Helicopter Tours offer scenic flights over the jaw-dropping glaciers such as Bear Glacier, the largest glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park. This flight-seeing adventure is appropriate for all ages.
- AA Seward Air Tours will fly you over the wide expanse of the alpine tundra of Kenai Fjords National Park. You’ll soar over Bear Glacier, spotting icebergs along the way, Aialik Glacier, where you’ll fly up the glacier and over the Harding Icefield or you may head over to the Holgate Glacier, which is a great place to view both the land mammals and the marine mammals that call this area home. Add a glacier landing to any of the scenic flights for a an added adventure!
- With just 3 guests max per flight, everyone is sure to get a window seat with Marathon Helicopters! On this small personal flight, you’ll view waterfalls, glaciers, and the gorgeous Resurrection Bay from above. Choose a flight that goes up the Godwin Glacier and scope out 4 hanging glaciers!
The Best Place to Stay in Seward
After a day of flightseeing, you’ll need a comfortable place to rest up and get ready for more adventures in Kenai Fjords National Park and Seward. We make it easy for you by owning and operating 3 downtown Seward hotels, a small and quiet RV park outside of town, as well as 6 restaurants in Seward.
With so many options of things to do, make it a little easier for yourself, and book an excursion with us! At Seward Hospitality Group we offer 2 tours where you’ll visit historic sites, taste local food, hike the Exit Glacier and even gold pan! With so much to do in this little pocket of Southern Alaska, you may find yourself wanting to stay 3, 4, or 5 nights in this one of a kind spot. Book your stay with us and get ready for the ultimate Alaskan adventure!