Are you looking for the pinnacle of all Alaskan adventures this summer? Taking one of many Seward fishing charters may be just what you have been searching for! Located on the waters of Resurrection Bay, the Gulf of Alaska, and nearby Prince William Sound, Seward is dream come true for those who enjoy big fish sportfishing. Taking Seward fishing charters is a great way to get out and away from summer crowds all while experiencing a quintessential Alaskan activity.
Along with Seward fishing charters, this amazing little town has a lot to offer especially during the summer months. Nearby Kenai Fjords National Park features glaciers, fjords, spectacular wildlife sightings among many outdoor activities. The historic downtown of Seward, with its views, restaurants, museums, and shops is well worth an exploration.
We own and operate 3 conveniently located hotels in downtown Seward. With so much to see and do why not extend your trip to a 3, 4, or 5-night stay in one of our classic and comfortable hotels. From this world-class spot, you’ll be able to check off almost all of the things on your Alaskan bucket list! If you’re looking for great places to eat we also own 6 restaurants downtown. For your memorable trip to Seward Alaska stay with us! Start your Alaskan adventure today!
Adventurous Seward Fishing Charters
Seward is very popular for fishing with both visitors and locals. Out in the waters of the Gulf of Alaska, there are excellent opportunities to catch big fish such as halibut, salmon, and rockfish. Most Seward fishing charters have half-day or full-day excursions as well as private or exclusive tours for a more personal experience.
But why take Seward fishing charters this summer? Fishing charters have crews that guide you throughout the trip and give you the chance to learn new things. Guides are a tremendous resource if you want to know anything and everything about fishing. Whether you are a beginner or someone who spends a lot of time out on the water, you can learn a lot all while having fun on a unique adventure.
All your gear and equipment is provided on Seward fishing charters. Rods, bait, tackle, and other equipment are included during trips. This is an amazing opportunity to try out some high-quality gear used by professionals! Most Seward fishing charters include a list of important things that you are responsible for bringing along. Things like warm layers, rain gear, snacks, and most importantly, an Alaska State fishing license.
From adventurous, adrenaline-pumping trips to more romantic excursions, there is something for everyone while taking fishing charters in Seward. Here are 10 of the best Seward fishing charters.
- Adventure Sixty-North specializes in catching Red Salmon (Sockeye) and the legendary Silver (Coho) Salmon found throughout Resurrection Bay. They boast getting some of the most numerous species of salmon in Alaska. These Seward fishing charters are half-day (3-4 hours) and are rated easy. If you’d like to fish on your own they also rent fishing gear.
- Pro Fish-n-Sea Charters are known for catching trophy-sized halibut, salmon, and rockfish. This company has been in operation for over 20 years in Seward. Captains are all long time fishermen from the area and are a great resource of knowledge. They offer salmon trips, lingcod and halibut trips, and multi-species trips for those who aren’t sure what they want to catch.
- Alaska Northern Outfitters features fast, large, and comfortable fishing vessels while targeting getting salmon, halibut, and rockfish. Since 2002 they have been offering high-quality Seward fishing charters of half-day, full-day, and private trips. In 2017 they added a new trip that combines sightseeing of Kenai Fjords National Park and fishing. This is a full-day adventure and is a great option for those who have limited time in Seward.
- J-Dock Fishing Co. tries to make sure that each guest acquires the “Grande Slam” of catching 4 or more different species during the trip. There is also an option to do a long-range fishing trip where captains bring you to hard to reach places to fish deep in the Alaskan wilderness and a night’s stay at a beautiful remote lodge which, out of all the Seward fishing charters, is a unique experience.
- Aurora Charters is a family-owned company that started in 1991. Families with children are welcome on trips that range from all-day halibut fishing to half-day salmon to combo species trips.
- Seward Charters are ideal for families and small groups and is a great option to avoid the crowds. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, they are offering special 2020 discounted family fishing rates. Check their website for the most up to date information concerning COVID-19.
- Crackerjack Sportsfishing Charters offer salmon, lingcod, and halibut fishing along with long-range overnights and multiple day trips. Captains are eager to share knowledge of the unique ecology of the places Seward fishing charters go and even have wildlife eco-tours as well.
- Along with salmon and halibut trips that are offered by other Seward fishing charters, The Fish House Fishing Charters has a sightseeing and wildlife viewing tour as well. See whales, otters, puffins, glaciers, and much more on this unique fishing trip.
- Miller’s Landing has an array of options in what to fish and how to fish. There are saltwater charters to go out and catch unique species like black bass, combo trips of fishing and sightseeing, and self-guided boat rental and gear for more experienced fisherpeople.
- If you are looking for Seward fishing charters that don’t like to waste time, Puffin Fishing Charters may be the place for you! They feature fast boats that get you out into the pristine waters and fishing. As they say, “less time running, means more time fishing.” Their boats offer comfortable seating and heated cabins for those chillier trips.
Stay at our Conveniently Located Hotels
After a half-day or an entire day of being out on the water, you’ll want to rest up in a comfortable spot that is easy to get to. At Seward Hospitality Group we own and operate 3 downtown Seward hotels that capture the charm of Alaska. Our hotels are the perfect spot to use as a “base-camp” as you explore the multitude of things to do in this stunning part of the world. With all there is to do you may opt to plan a 3, 4, or 5-night stay here.
We also own and operate 6 restaurants in Seward as well as a small and quiet RV park just outside of town. If you are looking for the best place to start your ultimate Alaskan vacation book your stay with us today!