Seward Alaska is a town tucked between the edge of a glacial sea and the edge of a mountain wilderness. A visit to this jaw-dropping place may be overwhelming if you try to see it all yourself, so why not take Kenai Fjords tours this summer and let the professionals show you the majesty of this place? Tours are the name of the game here in Seward and just popping in for a one or two-night stay will leave you wondering if you were actually able to see it all. A 3 to a 5-night stay in one of our 3 comfortable hotels will be the best choice if you really want to get a feel for this incredible corner of the world. For the most amazing vacation book your stay with us today!
5 Kenai Fjords Tours to Take in Seward
From amazing wildlife sightings to history to seeing this landscape by air, there are lots to choose from when picking the right Kenai Fjords tours. We’ve narrowed down the extensive list into the top 5 Kenai Fjord Tours to take when you visit us in Seward Alaska.
- Cruise tours are the most popular of the Kenai Fjords Tours. It’s the best way to see the wildlife and glaciers of the Kenai Fjords area. Getting out on a vessel will give you the ultimate opportunity to watch glaciers calving off into the sea, pods of Orcas, sea lions, birds, and Humpback whales! You can choose from the classic Kenai Fjords National Park cruise that lasts for 6 hours to a full-day catamaran tour where a park ranger will be on board to provide commentary. If a half-day is more your speed you may want to get on 3 hour Kenai Fjords and Resurrection Bay cruise. More information can be found at Kenai Fjords Tours.
- Seeing this beautiful landscape from above is an exhilarating way to go on a Kenai Fjords tour. On a helicopter tour, icefields and massive glaciers of Kenai Fjords National Park can be seen as well as marine wildlife swimming in the bay. The highlight of this tour is a glacier landing in which guests get the opportunity to get out explore a glacier for 15 minutes! Don’t forget your camera and sunglasses for this adventure!
- For the VIP treatment, you may want to try a private flight around the Kenai Fjords. The are many options in the Seward area to choose from. Examples of some private flights include a wildlife tour, where you’ll fly over bears, mountain goats, and harbor seals. There is also a Bear Glacier flight that flies over the longest glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park.
- If you’re a history buff and want to know more about the cultural side of the Kenai Fjords area, there is no shortage of tours to take. On a gold panning tour, you’ll find yourself learning the art and history of panning and maybe getting to keep a little piece as a souvenir! The Iditarod trail is also a big part of the history of Seward and the Kenai Fjords. Many places offer dog sled rides and kennel tours. Learn what life is like on a dogsled trail then play with some puppies!
- If stretching your legs and filling your lungs with fresh air appeals to you, there are hiking tours available in Kenai Fjords National Park. Fit and adventurous hikers who want to get away from crowds may want to go on the Exit Glacier Ice Hiking Adventure by Kenai Backcountry Adventures. They provide all the gear along with the security of a professional guide to lead the way. A more mellow option is the Exit Glacier Naturalist Hike by Exit Glacier Guides. This hike showcases the history and geologic past of the glacier.
Go on a tour with us as well! At Seward Hospitality Group we offer excursions that highlight what makes this area so special. There is our Appetite for Adventure Tour where all the best aspects of Seward are combined from a hike to the Exit Glacier to gold panning to meeting reindeer! If you like history we have the Tasteful History of Seward tour, an in-depth tour of historic sites around Seward, learning about the Iditarod trail, railroad, and the 1964 earthquake. Let us do the tour planning for you!
The best place to rest and relax while visiting Kenai Fjords
So many tours, so much time! You can never see all you want of the Kenai Fjords area with just a 1 or 2 night stay and why would you want to?! This place requires the full immersion of a 3-5 night stay to fully grasp an understanding of this place and make memories that last a lifetime. We make it easy for you by owning and operating 3 easy to find downtown Seward hotels as well as a small and quiet RV park just outside of town. Book your ultimate Alaskan getaway today!