If you’re looking for quality accommodations, friendly service, and access to some of the world’s most breathtaking scenery, then our collection of Seward hotels is the perfect place to land this summer. The Seward hospitality group owns and operates 4 distinct properties in beautiful Seward, Alaska, including historic hotels and an RV park that puts you right in the heart of Alaska’s wild frontier.
If you’re planning on an Alaska cruise or other trip that brings you to Seward, we hope you’ll make the choice to lodge at one of our comfortable Seward Hotels, each of which provides a sense of character and place you won’t find at larger hotels. Once you’re here, our exceptional team will be happy to help you in every aspect of your stay, including helping you experience the very best of Seward and the Kenia Fjords National Park. What are you waiting for? Book your Alaska vacation today, making one of our Seward hotels your home base.
Our hospitality group owns and operates three Seward hotels and one RV park. All of our properties are easy to access, lying along Highway 9 (Seward Highway). Most importantly, each of our Seward Hotels put you right in the heart of the action and close to the top attractions in Seward, including Kenai Fjords National Park and the Alaska SeaLife Center. Our properties include the following.
The Marina Motel opened its doors in 1965 with just 11 rooms. We’ve since added more rooms to meet the rising demand. Even so, our comfortable and affordable guest rooms offer you a little taste of “old Alaska,” and puts you just across the street from the docks and close to some of the top attractions in Seward. The Marina Motel operates year-round.
Murphy’s Alaskan Inn
Murphy’s Alaskan Inn is a warm and welcoming hotel in Seward, Alaska, and the perfect home base for all your adventures at the Kenai Fjords National Park and beyond. We’re located near the visitors center to the national park, as well as the small boat harbor, which serves as the departure point for all fjord tours and fishing charters. The hotel operates seasonally from May – September.
Van Gilder Hotel
The Van Gilder Hotel is a Seward landmark. This historic building was originally built in 1916. Today, it serves as an elegant, Victorian-tyle hotel in downtown Seward, with exceptional access to the area’s top attractions. When you stay at this Seward hotel, you’re only a 4-minute walk from the Alaska SeaLife Center, and a mile from the Seward Boat Harbor and the border of the Kenai Fjords National Park.
Preacher’s Pond RV Park
If you’d rather get up close and personal with Alaska’s wilderness, we have an option for that, too! We own and operate the Preacher’s Pond RV Park, which gives you the opportunity to see and experience Seward, Alaska as it was meant to be seen. At the park, you’ll enjoy well-groomed lots, fire pits, picnic tables, and walking trails.
Things to do in Seward Alaska
You’ve made the choice to visit Alaska this summer and you’ve chosen to stay at one of our incredible Seward Hotels. Now what? Our service doesn’t just end with the room you stay in. Our staff members have an exceptional knowledge about the Seward area and know exactly how to guide you to the best adventure you’ve ever had. We offer a range of tours and excursions for guests that stay with us, and we also own and operate 6 great restaurants in Seward.
Beyond just enjoying the breathtaking scenery that lies before you, here are a few of our favorite ways to spend the time in Seward, Alaska:
- Experience Exit Glacier. The Glacier is accessible by vehicle, and there are a variety of trails that take you up close and personal to an active glacier. Exit Glacier is open year-round.
- Hike the Harding Icefield Trail is one of our favorite ways to see this incredible area. The 8.2 mile round trip hike takes you through beautiful forests and meadows, ultimately arriving at the best view of the icefield there is. It’s a strenuous hike best reserved for the most experienced among us.
- Take a boat tour of the Kenai Fjords National Park. It’s one of the best ways to see this incredible area, all the while getting up close and personal with birds and marine mammals.
- kayak the serene waters of the Kenai Fjords. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience and a wonderful way to get up close and personal with birds and other wildlife that call this area home.
- Get up close and personal with Alaska’s wildlife at the Alaska SeaLife Center.
- Go flightseeing! Take a scenic flight over Seward and the Kenai Peninsula.
- Take a fishing charter. Seward sits at the head of Resurrection Bay and is well-known to fishermen and women around the globe as a premier fishing destination.
- Hike Mount Marathon, which offers a beautiful birdseye view of Seward.
- See the original beginnings of the Iditarod Trail
- Take a scenic drive on the Seward Highway, which connects Anchorage to Seward and the Kenai Peninsula.
Whatever it is you choose to do in Seward, Alaska this summer, we know you’ll never forget your time spent in this wild and breathtaking lands. If you haven’t already done so, book your room at one of our 3 Seward Hotels today.